Marc C.M. van Bree
Senior marketer and marketing technologist
Buda, TX 78610
☎ (512) 699-2095
An analytical marketing technologist and digital strategist with more than 10 years of experience building foundations and managing campaigns—on and offline—in a rapidly changing media environment.
- Integrated marketing communications
- Inbound marketing and demand generation
- Digital marketing, SEM, and social media
- KPIs, metrics, and web analytics
- Strategy, infrastructure, and automation
- Public relations and messaging
RETAIL MARKETING MANAGER | May 2015 – Present
- Manage point of sale marketing programs and messaging across a variety of retailers including convenience, grocery, and dollar stores, as well as pharmacies.
- Manage out of store campaigns across the country to drive card sales and increase foot traffic and store activity at retail partners.
- Partner with account managers on new business pitches and product feature launches and serve as marketing consultant on client calls.
- Drive and manage accounts, creative, and legal to deliver marketing collateral in a deadline sensitive environment.
Marc van Bree | OvertureWP
OWNER, MARKETING TECHNOLOGIST and DIGITAL STRATEGIST | Sept. 2009 – Present
- Launched a boutique web development and marketing company OvertureWP, providing managed, integrated marketing solutions for busy small business owners.
- Developed e-commerce websites for clients including Chorus Austin, My Munchkin Music, and Armstrong Community Music School, delivering more than $100,000 in annual online revenue and doubling online sales with manageable and scalable solutions.
- Social media marketing consulting residency at UMKC Conservatory of Music and Dance.
- Speaking engagements at conferences including Opera America; Association Française des Orchestres in Paris; European Federation of National Youth Orchestras in Brussels; and a keynote address at the stART.10 conference in Duisburg, Germany.
SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER / CRM ADMINISTRATOR | Jul. 2013 – May. 2015
- Strategic marketing technologist managing all facets of marketing automation, CRM, and e-commerce for an Inc.-listed company.
- Oversaw the infrastructure and operations that power the company’s interactions with potential, new, and loyal customers from inbound marketing and lead generation to post-purchase and retention opportunities.
- Drove multi-department projects and web development; manage third-party marketing applications; and ensure seamless integration of systems and data with web properties.
- Provided effective analytics to understand what was working and how to fix what was not and offer recommendations on customer experiences and lifecycle management.
MARKETING MANAGER | Jun. 2012 – Jul. 2013
- Delivered complete marketing campaigns—from concept to execution—that drove up to 50% of monthly sales, working with graphic, content, development, and sales departments.
- Produced lead nurture email automation sequences that converted new leads directly online or delivered qualified leads to sales representatives to close by phone.
- Directed lead generation and content marketing campaigns—from writing white papers to developing opt-in landing pages—resulting in more than 2,000 leads a month.
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING | Jan. 2011 – May 2012
- Head of marketing for one of Austin’s premier cultural institutions providing leadership in all elements of marketing and sales: branding, advertising and media planning, public relations, social media and digital marketing, direct marketing, and customer service.
- Managed an annual data-driven integrated marketing campaign netting $1 million in sales.
Increased the return of marketing dollars spent by 68%; grew subscription seats by 22%; and increased number of single tickets sold by 21%.
- Developed a new website and digital strategy that increased online single ticket sales from 28% to 55% of total sales while delivering a greater ability to analyze patron behaviors, track conversions, and account for advertising spending.
- Managed up to three direct reports and a myriad of outsourced relationships including a web developer, publicist, media vendors, and box office services.
Chapin Hall at the University of Chicago
PUBLIC AFFAIRS ASSOCIATE | Mar. 2009 – May 2011
- Directed communication strategies to disseminate public policy research to key audiences including top-level policymakers, legislators, advocates and national media.
Chicago Symphony Orchestra
PUBLICIST | Nov. 2005 – Mar. 2009
- Secured significant media coverage and strengthened relationships with local, national and international media; and crafted institutional communications and messaging for news releases, season announcements, annual reports, and press conferences.
- Promoted from Public Relations Coordinator in October 2008.
EDUCATION & ACTIVITIES
2009-2010 Coursework, Integrated Marketing, University of Chicago
Continuing education courses from industry veterans
2003-2005 Bachelor of Arts, Marketing Communication, Columbia College Chicago
Winner of the Columbia College 2004-05 Academic Excellence Scholarship
Executive Vice President, CCMA, a collegiate chapter of AMA
- WordPress, Infusionsoft, HubSpot, Salesforce
- Adobe CS, Adobe Premiere
- SEO and SEM, Google Analytics
- English, Dutch and German